St Bede's and St Joseph's Newsletters can be viewed here
SATs information for Year 6s-
The Year 6 KS2 SATs will be administered in the week commencing 9 May 2022.
The SATs timetable runs as follows:
Monday 9th May
English GPS Paper 1: questions
English grammar, punctuation and spelling Paper 2: spelling
Tuesday 10th May
Wednesday 11th May
Mathematics Paper 1: arithmetic
Mathematics Paper 2: reasoning
Thursday 12th May
Mathematics Paper 3: reasoning
When and how are the SATs carried out?
• The tests will take place during normal school hours, under exam conditions in the C5 classroom.
• Children are not allowed to talk to each other from the moment the assessments are handed
out until they are collected after the test has ended;
• Afterwards, the completed papers are sent away to be marked externally;
• The children’s results are sent back to school at some point in July and will be reported to
parents and carers;
• The standard timings of tests differ but last no more than 60 minutes:
- Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling (Paper 1) – 45 minutes;
- Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling (Paper 2) – 15 minutes;
- Reading – 60 minutes;
- Maths Paper 1 (Arithmetic) – 30 minutes;
- Maths Paper 2 (Reasoning) – 40 minutes;
- Maths Paper 3 (Reasoning) – 40 minutes.
Practise SATs papers can found on https://www.satspapersguide.co.uk/ks2-year-6-sats/ks2-year-6-sats-papers/
Life in the Risen Jesus
Science- Class 5 are learning about:
- associate the brightness of a lamp or the volume of a buzzer with the number and voltage of cells used in the circuit
- compare and give reasons for variations in how components function, including the brightness of bulbs, the loudness of buzzers and the on/off position of switches
- use recognised symbols when representing a simple circuit in a diagram
Homework- Will be sent out every Friday and children will be expected to return it by Wednesday.
Spellings - Will be given out every Tuesday and tested every following Tuesday.
Reading- Please try and read with the children for 15 minutes daily.
Access daily lessons here for free:
Access free resources here: